PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - crappy situation, advise needed A320
View Single Post
Old 1st Sep 2012, 05:36
jriv

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
But i never really studied what happens if you wack it full with VLS shooting up. Anyway, VLS shot up and speed kept increasing to remain above it. At this point i was blur as hell, i wasnt too sure what was happening. Is it ok to do that? what the captain asked me to? and can someone explain to me...what was happening please? thank you in advance
To answer your original question:

You had GD bugged, in Open Des. When the speed brakes deployed, Vls increased above GD. The autoflight system now considers Vls the target airspeed since it is above the bugged speed. To maintain that higher speed with the thrust fixed at idle (THR IDLE in the autothrust column of the FMA), the system pitched down. Had you been in SPEED mode (say, SPEED, V/S) the system would have increased thrust to maintain Vls.

Is it OK to do that? Well, the system kept you safe, but it is piss poor airmanship.

With several thousand hours in both the left and right seat of the A320, I am still learning. This forum is an excellent source of info. Good luck in your career.