PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK helicopter schools (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 12th Jan 2003, 13:39
StevieTerrier

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hoverman.

We finally agree about something – Virgin said it better! Its pretty apparent that you dont like Mike Thorpe - and thats fine, ‘cos it’s not really my problem. If you had said “I wouldnt fly in any Heli-Jet aircraft because the owner is a git” that would have been OK. My problem was with the inference that there was something untowards about the helicopters we operate here – which would reflect badly on me and the other pilots working here and flying these “suspect” helicopters. M T may pay the bills, but I say whether the larger machines are fit to go flying, and the CFI likewise with the R22s.

Its obvious from your posting that you do know a lot about the history of Coney Park. I have been here since 1993 working under both “regimes”. One other person still survives from the NH era – JB, who started as ground crew way back in AP’s days, and is now CFI.

This paragraph deleted.
Heliport

Anyhow, those days are all slipstream under the tailfin now. A coffee together next time you call in for fuel? Perhaps you’d better let me know who you are first so that I dont start “slagging” you off to yourself without knowing its you. That could be embarrassing. Send me a PM or an E-Mail if you prefer.

And getting totally off-topic – does Innocenti mean anything to you? If not, there is more than one Hoverman lose on the WWW.

Steve

PS - I use StevieTerrier plus its associated password for all my Internet roamings. My brain is too worn to cope with multiple identities, I’m afraid. It does have its lighter moments as I have had many people (mainly Americans, strangely enough) replying to my E-Mails with “Dear Mr. Terrier”

Last edited by Heliport; 12th Jan 2003 at 16:23.