PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 1st Sep 2012, 01:24
truckflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think it has more to do with the fact that some of the pilots in the company, "experienced ones", can see that the long term future of the profession is shaped this way, and they see it as a degradation of future T & C for all in the end.

Short term contracts, "summer contracts" is not a satisfactory option for anyone, as this gives plenty of room for abuse and degradation of overall terms.

Now from what I have understood, CTC contracts do not promise that Easy or any other company will pay the TR.

I seriously doubt Easy will pay the full TR for somebody to come and work for 6 - 8 months, that does not sound like a reasonable assumption, considering the outlay that would be for them.
Also the amounts that I have heard rumours of, are close to £1200 than £2000.

Even compared to Ryanair, that becomes an extremely bad deal, where you are looking at summer periods where you triple this pay + minimum hours guaranteed for the winter months.

I understood to everybody got offered full time contracts, because why else would union pilots within Easy not be happy with such agreements?

As he told me, you could hardly call Easy a proper airline anymore, as they are going towards the same style of employment as Ryanair and other similar companies, mainly looking to employ contract pilots.

As an example of issues involving this now, several governments in various European countries are actively investigating several pilots for tax fraud, as many since they have been "self-employed", have not been doing their paperwork properly. Also some countries require certain criteria to be met, for a person to be self-employed, and one of the criteria is that you can not operate 12 months for the same company! I know of a few Scandinavian countries looking into this, and I am sure this will come to other parts too.

Not really my problem, however I was fairly surprised by the fairly strong viewpoint, obviously from somebody very dedicated to the company, and to improve T & C's for other fellow pilots in his own company.

Last edited by truckflyer; 1st Sep 2012 at 01:25.