PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 31st Aug 2012, 22:42
truckflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I recently had the pleasure to have a sim session with a TRI from Easy, and we had a small conversation regarding the company! And he simply slammed the company for their politics with regards to new pilot hire. The direction it was going was highly undesirable.

During winter there would be FO's with hardly any money at all, all this is "promoted" by CTC in corporation with Easy!

Now this is an aspect shared also with other companies, they want pilots to pay their own TR, and come and work with them for 6 - 8 months during the summer, and than see what happens!

Now the people who fail to see the dynamics of this corporation of doom, should know, they are effectively accepting the future demise of their own profession! Unless you are a Captain, you are a commodity to be used and disposed of!

During our first 30 minutes, me and my friend, was pretty shocked by his frank and honest assessment of Easy, and it was quite opposite to what I personally thought was well run company!

You will go to these FTO's, spend around £100.000 + TR, and they will offer you a summer contract!

Now here is a good reason for not extending contracts of these summer pilots, next term CTC have a new lot of pilots that need placement, the flow must go on, because CTC needs to make money, Easy need cheap pilots, SFI's, TRI's at Easy need extra jobs, which they do for CTC and Easy, so it all adds up nicely for everybody involved, except the unlucky FO, who gets a pink slip just before Christmas! Nice......!