PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - looking out the window
View Single Post
Old 31st Aug 2012, 21:50
Pugilistic Animus

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
On my first flight ever I did the preflight, the radios, taxied, took off went around the pattern, after my second flight my instructor said "you meet commercial standards"...after about my fifth flight he said "I should just sign you off on the Seneca for your ATPL"...

and the majority of my flights were conducted under effective IMC but I still kept my eyes out for traffic as NY Class G is extremely busy--- blimps--- heli's--- banner towing--- other student pilots ---folks doing aerobatics and worst of all flying doctors...

It took extreme initiative on my behalf though that's what happens when really poor people want to be pilots and you don't have the money to learn to fly you'd better already be a pilot---a real pilot!!!

My instructor admitted I knew more than him...but he adapted to me ...so you must adapt to your student there's no set rules...

please don't read this as bragging although I was proud of myself---hey I even took passangers along for my lessons---one dude hated that emergency descent...