PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LUTON - 6
Thread: LUTON - 6
View Single Post
Old 31st Aug 2012, 20:41
LTNman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have been plodding through the differences between the original Abertis plans and the new joint plans with the council. Basically the new joint plans are based on the Abertis plan with a few of the council’s ideas thrown in. The differences I have found so far are as follows:

Construction of a multi-storey car park on part of the existing short-term car park (STCP), to provide additional parking capacity if passenger demand arises in the future.

Provision of a new taxiway parallel to Taxiway Delta.

A slight increase in the apron next to Signature ( stands 16 and 17) which will allow 4 stands to be created and not the original 3 stands planned.

The southern apron will be increased a little more than originally planned to allow 6 stands and not 5

The road layout in the CTA has been changed again with now a dedicated drop off area instead of dropping off in the short term car park.

What is surprising is that the potential Century Park access is from what is now part of the short term car park so all of the traffic for this large proposed industrial area will pass through the middle of the CTA.

The new pier will contain 7000sqm of floor space and not the 6000sqm first planned.

Even though the drawing shows the same additions to the entry and exit point to the runway the text has been changed from:

At the western end of the runway, the parallel taxiway will be extended by 300 metres and at the eastern end by 200 metres.
To:

At the western end of the runway, the taxiway will be extended by 540 metres and at the eastern end by 340 metres.
So either the drawing is wrong or the text is wrong. With this additional length I would have thought the taxiway will be the full length of the runway.

Last edited by LTNman; 31st Aug 2012 at 20:46.