PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Anyone You Know?
View Single Post
Old 31st Aug 2012, 13:51
flyingkea

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Why should aviation be any different to other forms of employment in this respect?
Q.E.D! They are always harping on at us about how we have to obey aviation law, where does it state they can ignore NZ's employment laws with impunity. As one community laywer put it, "there's nothing too much wrong with our employment laws, its just that too many employers don't have a clue" Also I'm aware that this company (particularly the CFI) has forced other staff members out although this happened before I started there. Also the other instructors there are amazing people and I would hate to see the same thing happen to them.

Regarding my language LOL, I must admit to 1) using the autocorrect that likes to use American spelling for the word in context, and 2) I read far too much, and that does give me the odd turn of phrase here and there depending on what I have been reading lately.

BTW, thank you to jimmyconway and anon mouse, for seeing my point of view, and anon mouse *jokingly* any room for a C-cat instructor with 500 hours at your company? Sounds like a great place to work Glad to see that there are decent places out there. I had been reading the forums and had been fearing that everywhere was as bad as my old work. Also I was abit worried about the opinion that as other people had bad jobs, that I should have to suffer too, just because they had too! In fact that was one line my boss used on me! Take my lumps because I had followed my dreams etc etc. @jimmyconway agreed, everyone knows that everyone knows everyone. Hence why I am moving overseas, where the grass may not be greener, but hopefully it hasn't been planted on landmines.

For anon mouse's knowledge, A PG stands for personal grievance which has to be raised with 90 days of the issue arising. Basically I send a message to my former employers and tell them about the issue I have with them. In this case the reply was go f*ck yourself in polite lawyer speak, so I have arranged for mediation to occur. If that doesn't resolve the issue (knowing these guys it won't) then it goes to the employment court. Also since they only paid me about $5k for 10 months work, any money I get from this will be a MASSIVE bonus.