PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ICUS Supervision
View Single Post
Old 12th Jan 2003, 10:09
Lefthanded_Rock_Thrower

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Q. a pilot with two hundred hours doing ICUS flying a PA31 with a 2000+ hour pilot in the RH seat, who is really in command.

This pilot with 200 hours, what are the chances of this company actually employing him\her to fly the aircraft without the 2000 hour person in the RH seat, nil.

So in reality these 200 hour persons are subsidising the companies routes, end of stories.

As has been pointed out, legally the 200 hour pilot needs to be endorsed with 5\10 hours on type for VFR\IFR flight.

As far a RH seat endorsing goes, that would be another waste of money, if you can fly an aeroplane from the LH seat, the RH doesn't take that much adjusting.

My advise to younger Pilots is hold on to you money, if you work for a company, when it is your time to fly a twin, the CP will spend the time with you that is required.

If you have low hours and are looking for a job, in my eyes i would be less likely to employ a person with ICUS in a highish performance twin, as a general statement these persons feel they are some how going to require less time cutting their teeth in the single engine GA world, not the case.

get your license, go north or get an instructor rating and be very very carefull where you spend your dollars. never pay all your money up front for a course, if you do, the minute they have your money they dont particularly jump when you tell them to.