PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - F15 Court Martial (Merged thread)
View Single Post
Old 12th Jan 2003, 10:08
Alan Turner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
F15 CM

Micky Drip and I have discussed "duty of care" on a number of occasions, and he's right to air it here since it is a fundamental point in this whole sad saga.

I've re-read my commission parchment. To the uninitiated, it is a document, signed by HM The Queen, in which "We, reposing especial Trust and Confidence in your Loyalty, Courage, and good Conduct......." appoints an individual officer in the armed forces. It is the whole basis of what is expected of an officer, therefore a manager, during their Service. From that document come Queen's Regulations and the myriad orders and instructions to all ranks which define closely what is required of them.

I am astounded that the Court of Inquiry (presumably one was held) did not question the action's of Spot's superiors all the way up the line. It has never been sufficient to discover what happened and apportion blame, in any accident, without divining the reasons why it happened. Whatever the outcome of the CM I hope, most sincerely, that further investigations will be demanded to find out why Spot was ever allowed to sit on console so soon after his father's death. I hope there is someone out there prepared to run this one down.

Best of luck Spot, and I'm sure things will pan out. See you on the 27th.