PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Coppering up the pennies
View Single Post
Old 31st Aug 2012, 09:16
Yozzer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RAF Coppering up the pennies

The latest sign of desperation in RAF Finance is two officers assigned by CAS direction for six months to validate AIP awards since 2004 and staff recovery of wrongly awarded AIPs. It is likely to cost more in their salaries then they could ever hope to recoupe.

FWIW, I tried to get my second AIP a few years ago as I held two of the documented qualifications required for the award and had no joy whatsoever as the differing Qs were required to be obtained at different rank levels, and I had already claimed one. The 'So what' is that the application procedure appeared absolutely watertight; free of human interpretation or perception and therefore impossible; or so it seemed, to claim unless 100% entitled.

I am assuming that this development is being driven by a significant abuse of the system probably by an entire trade group; but how it could have come about is beyond me. For sure if SP have made a genuine application for an AIP and it has been approved by the adminers, it seems a little harsh for the suggestion of fraud and risk of repaying what could be an eight year pay rise to be thrown at them at this stage. AIP cannot be processed by an individual alone.

The 'Tax payer' in me thinks that the SO2 assigned would be better employed elsewhere. Likewise, if we have resorted to 'coppering up' the loose change, what hope have we got of a bright future. This will have everybody who has claimed either of the two permisseable AIP watching their back which will do much for improved morale.