PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thomson Recruiting from Monday 3rd Sep
View Single Post
Old 31st Aug 2012, 09:15
Matey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
With regard to only wanting type rated pilots that is incorrect. Successful applicants will do a type rating course upon joining, repaid by salary sacrifice over the period of the contract.

As regards the comment regarding "£1200 a month", I would say to read the post outlining the conditions negotiated by the Thomson BALPA Company Council. The practise of cadet recruitment CTC style is a matter over which current employees have no influence at all. Any issues re that should be addressed to the CAA who, as the regulator, approve such recruitment policies. At Thomson we have been embroiled in a whole raft of negotiations with the Company regarding pensions, salary structure and changes to current terms and conditions. The recruitment of CTC cadets has already happened at Thomson under the "usual" conditions where "£1200 a month" is the norm. The Company Council took the negotiations around other matters as an opportunity to influence the conditions under which cadet recruitment took place within Thomson. The result is that cadets will benefit from Flight Duty Pay, Loss of Licence cover, opportunities for paid "flexible working" on days off, full protection of our industrial agreements regarding rostering etc (Schedule F), all things that the Company were not considering. This will considerably increase the cadet's pay above £1200 by diverting the money away from CTC and into the cadets pocket instead, as well as providing much improved conditions in areas such as rostering etc.

I simply posted this information initially to bring the Thomson recruitment situation to people's attention as the window of opportunity is short. Good luck, and I hope to see some of you on the line.