PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A320 FMGS creating turning point based on altitude
Old 31st Aug 2012, 09:02
Airmen25

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SW1
How about creating your place/bearing/distance waypoint. Make sure you've checked it 3 times!! Then vertical revision at your PBD +3000.

I have no idea if its possible to designate a left or right turn with that little arrow you see.

I had to do something similar on our secondary flight plan as our particular Navigation Database update did not have our company specific EOSIDs.

I would only have it as a reference pseudo-waypoint and would then go selected heading to turn left or right depending where the highest MSA is located.
Yup, there was a new SID at a place called Johor code WMKJ in Malaysia the other day, had to fly there, so i had to construct the SID using PBDs n PDs. For the turning point right after departure, what we did was create a waypoint around 3-4 miles out initially, captain averaged the rate of climb to be okay, so, right after airborne, upon altitude, we just went for DIR to the next waypoint, problem solved, but, i was trying to figure out wether if we could make a turning point altitude based, guess not...