PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas August 23rd announcements
View Single Post
Old 31st Aug 2012, 03:24
QF94

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sunfish, Ushuaia and to all those that have had bad experiences with QANTAS and dislike it it for whatever their reasons. This is a personal choice and that's fair enough. I'm not trying to woo you back to QANTAS and am happy for you to fly with the airline of your choice that suits your needs and satisfies your expectations.

QF doesn't fly to where the pax want to go; there's a growing perception of it becoming less "Australian"
What I'm about to say will not please many, if any, but as we are all free to voice our opinions, I will do the same, as this is the Australian thing to do, and this doesn't relate to just QANTAS. The same can be said for the passengers and Australians in general, becoming "less Australian". What's the worst thing you can call an Australian? UnAustralian. They're quite happy to let everything "Australian" disappear or become diluted around them, because "Australian" products don't suit them or serve their needs, because foriegn products serve them better, or are simply better in their own minds.

Is QANTAS perfect? Far from it. Does QANTAS have the best service? No. What is the best service? Who knows? This is a personal choice, and there are those that think Singapore has the best, those that think Emirates is the best and those that think QANTAS has the best and stay with them. Say what you like, there are people who believe QANTAS has a service that suits their needs. Mock and knock, but it's a reality.

We will never agree on everything, but that's life. Has QANTAS slipped from where it was years ago? Most definitely. What's the fix? People on here believe for it to disappear or to shrink and become a feeder airline for airlines of their choice. I disagree, but that's what forums are all about.

We are quick to knock our own products and talk them down (a bit like AJ and Co) but when they disappear one by one (remember Ansett, owned by a foreign airline and then sent bust, and plenty more like them) people, not unlike yourselves, will just shrug your shoulders and say "What a shame. They were a great company" and continue on their merry way supporting and funding foreign companies and foreign workers, no matter the industry. I guess that's what happens when people have become too accustomed to perceived champagne service, on beer budgets and intolerant of anything less than "perfect".