PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TEM Questions
Thread: TEM Questions
View Single Post
Old 31st Aug 2012, 00:12
framer

Received 494 Likes on 132 Posts
Statements like
TEM is utter bull**** and exists soley to provide psychologists some kind of paying employment.
seem extreme to me. TEM was born out of the LOSA initiative as a means of depicting how things were dealt with on actual flights and I imagine (but don't know for sure, correct me if Iīm wrong) that it wasnīt developed by psychologists at all.

In my opinion, TEM is a framework for teaching CDF to inexperienced people. When you first join the aviation industry you are not as skilled at anticipating potential problems and avoiding them as you are when you leave the aviation industry 10, 20 30 years later. Your CDF is built upon and honed over the years.
TEM gives young folk a kickstart, a helping hand to begin understanding the importance of always looking forward, always being on the lookout for things that are out of sequence or not a usual part of the operation etc. They can then go on and gain the experience that older aviators gained, but hopefully they didnīt start in the deep end like we did, they started with the water just over their ears, feet kicking furiously.
Framer

Last edited by framer; 31st Aug 2012 at 00:13.