PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 30th Aug 2012, 22:06
Chugalug2

Received 236 Likes on 72 Posts
Well you kept quiet about that one, Danny! It seems that I was indeed rocking the boat in querying the need for the transfer of the Vengeances and the entire squadron to NE India, for it seems that their Airships were making a very understandable contingency plan should the Mossies have to remain grounded. I promise that I will try to curb my impatience in future and wait for the interlocutor to.. well, locute!
Ah, how many of us have had similar thoughts coursing through our minds when told, "The boss wants to see you"? Having to pack and go at no notice must have seemed like a blessed reprieve compared with the scenario that you had mentally rehearsed.
So off on your travels again on this Cook's Tour of the sub-continent. To Bangalore if Google Maps is to be relied upon, or at least its northern outskirts. The only airfields now at Yelahanka are Yelahanka AFB and Jakkur, but of course neither is necessarily where you are headed for, is it? So I'll wait to find out. See what I did there? I'm just patiently waiting. No problem at all. Quite relaxed. Simply waiting. Easy...