PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SOUTHEND - 3 The new beginning
View Single Post
Old 30th Aug 2012, 22:01
LTNman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
London Southend Airport tries to process all passengers as efficiently as possible. London Southend Airport advises all scheduled flight passengers to arrive two hours before the scheduled departure of their flight.

Passengers with hand luggage only can check in up to 40 minutes before take-off. All passengers with hold luggage should check in at least one hour before their flight is due to take off.

Passengers should be aware that the terminal building is open between 04:00 and 00:00. All passengers arriving before 04:00 will not be allowed access to the terminal.
No one in their right mind would chance the first train of the day as the times are too tight.

I have read comments on other websites that the airport makes passengers stand outside if they arrive too early while the staff look out of the windows at them. I didn't believe it until I read the airports website and it is true!!! Come on Southend the terminal must be staffed overnight so why make your passengers wait outside in the cold and rain. This is supposed to be a London Airport and not a bus stop.

Last edited by LTNman; 30th Aug 2012 at 22:24.