PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - how confident were you when you took your exams?
Old 12th Jan 2003, 02:23
Groo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

Hi there,

I'm sort of in the same situation as the rest of you.

9400 hours TT. Canadian and FAA ATPL, Canadian A-320 Type Rating.

In the wilds of frozen Canada, struggling to get through module 1 of the Bristol Groundschool course. With a UK work permit on my passport as motivation

My main thought at this point is "I'm trying to think, but nothing's happening". However I'm starting to believe I'm normal in that respect. You folks have rebuilt a certain amount of my faith and I thank you for it. Plus I've done well in distance learning in the past.

The distance is a bit of an obstical. It's not like I can drive over to Bristol and get some moral support.

So, I'll borrow a philosopy from Sun Tzu which states "all battles are decided before they are ever fought".

I know there are only a very limited number of multiple choice questions on the exams. My though is that the examiners cannot get very esoteric lest they be forced to omit core materials. So it really boils down to what questions are on the exam.

Is this is where the "feedback questions" I've seen references to come in?

If there is a reasonably accurate and complete database of these questions then my best strategy is to do the basic course, then come over and do the brushup course.

On the other hand, if I can do the course and have a reasonable chance of passing it without doing the brushup couse, I can save myself considerable money. There are limited facilities for doing the exams in the U.S., I'd save 2 weeks time and living expenses.

So, I guess my core question might be as follows. Do you think I'd have a reasonable chance of passing the exams without doing the brushup course?

Any other comments or suggestions would be welcome.

Cheers

Norm...who's thinking of booking himself onto the March brushup course. Hope there's still room.