PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air-Scotland.com(merged)
View Single Post
Old 12th Jan 2003, 02:22
ajamieson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd be happy to enlighten you...if I could.

For a start, here's a link to my article. It's a considerably shorter version of what I wrote; next time I'm back at my desk you'll have the full version, which includes some discussion of Electra.

The people behind Air-Scotland have already promised their launch is "imminent" - the most recent claim being made in early December in a small article in Air Transport Intelligence. I've still not received formal notification of next week's supposed press launch, so I'll wait and see if it really does happen.

The airline would not give any details of the Electra arrangement despite the fact it is mentioned on the website. The "spokesman" who took my call would not give his name and claimed that some of what had already appeared in print elsewhere about Air-Scotland was inaccurate but (rather foolishly) wouldn't say exactly which bits were incorrect. So I may have unwittingly repeated inaccurate information. Blame them, not me.

Although they were in talks with PIK, it has been strongly hinted to me that GLA is the winner (and possibly EDI). BAA are certainly very familiar with Air-Scotland.

I'll try and keep you posted.