PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas August 23rd announcements
View Single Post
Old 30th Aug 2012, 17:18
Lodown

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
QF94: you can put me on the list that chooses not to fly QF. Haven't done so for about 4 years now after a 48 hour journey with connections to a destination in the US for an expected 24 hour trip. In concert with previous less-than-expected flight experiences, that was the last straw for me. I understand crap happens, as it does to all airlines, but QF staffs' handling of the matter was abysmal and without empathy.

One thing for the employees to blame management for all the woes. It's another thing when you see the same nonchalent, ambivalent attitude pervading the service levels to the customer from a significant proportion of the frontline staff. (Was this also apparent in the LAX PJ affair?) Difficult to feel any sympathy for the fortunes of the airline or its employees. I'm sure there are lots of ex-customers with similar stories and unfortunately, once the customers are gone, they cost an arm and a leg to get back. And what's worse is that they, like me, finding the other operators exceeding QF in perceived value, are strongly encouraging acquaintances to try the other airlines when next they travel.

Last edited by Lodown; 30th Aug 2012 at 17:33.