PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA/BMI have treated me really badly
View Single Post
Old 30th Aug 2012, 15:12
PAXboy
Paxing All Over The World

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts
jimster99 This is very bad luck and clearly part of the merger not working. I suggest you gather the papers needed for the Small Claims Court.

Write and tell BA what data you have (printed especially) and what your deadline for a resolution is and include a photocopy of the front page of the SCC form filled in with their name! Send it recorded delivery and get the proof of delivery ordered when you post.

In the old days, check in desk staff had autonomy of common sense - but that was steadily removed by the accountants throughout the 1990s - following the LAST recession.

I had a small problem with Marks & Spencer, a credit that had not been credited but charged a second time. I was able to go to customer services. A manager was called and, after careful consultation of me and the paperwork, the double credit was made as it was common sense. BA don't do that any more. THEREFORE, take them to Court because NOTHING else will move them. They cannot afford for you to publicise this.

Whilst waiting for them to respond, check the details of the UK Consumers Association (Which?) and all formal routes of complaint for passengers and theire related (independent) transport support groups. Check your bank / credit card accounts / etc. and collect all the originals and copies. Write a blow by blow account - with times and dates - whilst it is still fresh in your mind. If you are able, get it countersigned and dated by a reliable source and seal it. It's a small move to prove that what you say in court in n months time is what you said originally. But it won't go to court but you have to threaten - in a fully serious way. £2k is a BIG loss for their stuff up.

Have all the fire power ready. Please do report back.

Oh, and welcome to the SLF Fourm!