PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 10
View Single Post
Old 30th Aug 2012, 14:15
AlphaZuluRomeo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CONF iture
My proposition would be different : As soon there is a doubt on any data, first advise, second degrade to the basic.
I totally agree with the first item. This one is lacking (or at last was on june 1st, 2009).
For the second one, I still am not sure (I insist: I'm not saying "alt law is good", nor "alt law should be discarted"). There are pro and cons (e.g.: Lonewolf_50's answer). There are different situations/failures/combinaisons of those.
While I understand your reserves (in AF447's scenario), Airbus people chose to make an Alt law, they are better informed than I'm. Why is interesting. But I, as an outsider, prefer to restrain from an all-or-nothing position.
In french: Il ne faut pas jeter le bébé avec l'eau du bain.

Originally Posted by CONF iture
The BEA transcript is not : (...)
Yes, I'm aware of that. Once again, that's simply my reading (my understanding/guess) of the meaning of the captain's words.
Do you have another (better?) explanation of the meaning of those words? As for myself, I see no other possible meaning of these words. It's not (and cannot be) a proven fact, as he's no more here to explain us what he meant.