PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IRELAND WEST AIRPORT KNOCK
View Single Post
Old 30th Aug 2012, 12:16
Kinocker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't think they quite managed to break even last year though Jamie, so the extra €10s are probably just balancing the books and reducing the need for government support. Ultimately there is just not near enough cash in the pot to support every potential transport project so each one has to make its case and hope for the best. I feel/fear that if Knock is not developed while the current government are in charge, it probably never will be - but if the money isn't there then it simply can't be done.

iwak - there were 46 on my flight for a 59% load. On my inbound a week earlier the number was about 40. I also dropped someone else off for the same flight on Sunday and there were about 40 on that one too. Those loads would tie in with the figures mentioned a few posts back.

I did notice on Sunday that the inbound Leeds flight (which uses the Edinburgh based aircraft) was particularly busy with a load in the mid 50s (around 70% LF) but I'm guessing this was a one off or the fares have been cut as the route is ending (for now at least) this weekend.