PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Apple stuff - Mac, iPad, iphone
View Single Post
Old 30th Aug 2012, 10:56
G-AZUK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up itunes migration/consolidation?

Sorry if this is an oft repeated question in here, I havent had much joy on apples help section, or in store with a definitive answer that filled me with positivity.

current set up: Iphone synced to creaky laptop, three kids ipods synced to my work laptop all with separate itunes accounts, keeps the kids stuff separate, but annoying when they all want to buy the same app, and you end up paying three times, and also if all of us want the same CD having to upload it four times.

just treated myself to a MAC to replace creaky laptop. I now as a minimum, want to copy my itunes for my phone from the laptop to the Mac, my research so far seems to suggest this is relatively easy via a hard drive. the more taxing question which i cant get an answer to, is do I copy over the three kids accounts and keep them separate, or is this the perfect opportunity to consolidate all our accounts, music and apps etc and have them live in one place, does this become a major issue when different people run different devices. if for example I buy a game on a universal itunes account, can you play it at the same time on two devices, so many questions, advice and help appreciated on here