PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Funny but sad, could be upon us soon...
View Single Post
Old 30th Aug 2012, 01:07
Mach E Avelli

Received 168 Likes on 106 Posts
Probably, but this time it seems that CASA really are headed in the direction of EASA with, of course, their own modifications which they will need to enable enforcement under our legal framework.
Wasn't it EASA that came up with the idea that the DC3 was no longer fit to operate commercially? Will today's EASA certification standards be applied retrospectively to the entire GA fleet?
A couple of years ago after my employer went bankrupt, I went for an interview for a job with CASA. Admittedly it was only a tyre-kicking exercise as far as I was concerned, and maybe that came across to the interview panel. But, where I totally blew it was when asked how I would like to see the regulations move to foster general aviation. My reply was to adopt the NZ model, as PNG had done. Their reaction made it obvious that I had committed blasphemy of the worst kind. How could the Kiwis or Chimbus know better than us? Right there I knew that I had talked myself out of the position. In hindsight, a lucky escape.