PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IRELAND WEST AIRPORT KNOCK
View Single Post
Old 29th Aug 2012, 21:48
Jamie2k9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't see why NOC needs to expand as all it needs is for slots to be spread out for airlines and not all arriving at lunchtime particularly during the summer as the airport is open from about 7 to 6 and it could accommodate way more flights before being at capacity. Remember there will be no funding for expansion so if it was to happen NOC need to be in real profit which they are not or they will need to increase charges to cover expansion which I can't see sitting well with a certain carrier.

Finally funding. Nothing provided for this in DOT capital budget this year and the budget is expected to be cut further. The airport has itself been in cost cutting mode during the downturn. However as you say there's a very good case for it now. Best hope is it can be included in a revised national capital budget fingers crossed.
Why should taxpayer have to pay for this as NOC is a commercial airport so it should be funding its own expansion, if this was adopted for DUB, ORK and SNN then airport charges would be much lower now as they would not need to pay for the expansion....Just my thoughts.

Last edited by Jamie2k9; 29th Aug 2012 at 21:49.