PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK helicopter schools (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 11th Jan 2003, 21:25
StevieTerrier

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hoverman - thanks for your reply. I appreciate that everybody has an opinion on everyone and every organisation in our industry. I too have opinions and a long list of people who I consider "chancers".

I know you and I have disagreed in the past about various things (Police operations for one) but I have to take exception when you start casting aspersions upon Heli-Jet, its operations and reputation on a public forum such as this.

If you have been to Coney Park and met "Steve" then it will have been me. And you will know that all I ever do is to give a warm welcome and as much help as possible to any visitors there.

You may not like the people at Heli-Jet (me included) and if that is the case then you can always land at LBA, and pay a landing fee, no hard feelings. However, I cant allow you to "disrespect" (sorry) Heli-Jet publicly without giving a reason. If you have suffered personally at our hands then please say so. We can take it. However, I suspect you are passing on second-hand grievances from people who were connected with Coney Park in a previous existence. (I think you know who I mean).

There also seems to be a misconception about the owners of Heli-Jet. Second hand car dealers? No - but do you have a problem with Blackpool Helicentre, Skyline (as was), Cheqair, Skyhoppers (second hand buses) and many others who are / were owned by "these sort of people"

Second hand car dealers? Well, the Heli-Jet Group did own a Renault Dealership in Leeds until about two year ago. Perceptions, you see, can cause all sorts of misconceptions.

We are constantly checked by the CAA for conformance to the regulations regarding Flight Training Standards, AOC standards, and Licenced Aerodrome Standards. I would defy anybody to say that they have more visits / correspondance from the Authority than we do.

All our aircraft are maintained to Public Transport standards, by a JAR145 engineering organisation.

In five years of operations we have had one accident (student solo dynamic rollover), no investigations, no prosecutions,no warnings - NO regulatory action from the CAA. at all. Compare that record to any other Company you like, it stands on its own merits.

Steve.

Last edited by Heliport; 13th Jan 2003 at 20:48.