PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LUTON - 6
Thread: LUTON - 6
View Single Post
Old 29th Aug 2012, 18:50
Dannyboy39

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm sure it said fifteen in the plan. I think five of which are currently used for private aircraft opposite Stand 1 and next to the Signature hangar.

I think a slight improvement in the plan would be an extra 6 Code C/D stands to the south of the current East Apron, which would mean there would be contact stands on both sides of the proposed Pier B, and then leaving the possibility open for a Pier C connecting the South Apron.

One thing I wouldn't really want to happen is these new stands to go straight to Ryanair. The airport really needs to lessen its reliance on the "Big Two" - they have the airport by the short and curlies; although both airlines provide significant passenger numbers which have led the airport to become so successful. The airport should continue to attempt to entice short haul airlines from both LGW and STN (which obviously is haemorraging airlines/routes anyway at the moment).

Airlines that LTN should be targetting for a route or two in my opinion: Aegean, Air Baltic, Air Berlin, Air Europa, Thomas Cook as well as other recent Eastern European startups and possibly struggling full service airlines.