PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GFT passed
Thread: GFT passed
View Single Post
Old 11th Jan 2003, 21:15
HelenD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It has just about sunk in now. To be honest I diddnt realise I was being tested as I was told earlier that I wasnt good enough for test so I thought I was having a mock test little did I know that was part of a ploy to keep my nerves down. As i thought it was a mock I asked if I needed to do a weight and balence calculation, the reply was yes. After I was all planned the examiner and I set off on the route over the mountains the weather was gorgeous though I initially thought I may not reach my planned altitude I even thought it may not be possible to achieve the highest point on route so I voiced my concerns and got told lets see what happens. In reality for the first leg I was able to get higher than the planned altitude so I said as its possible to go higher than planned I will climb higher to keep the a/c safer. I struggled to identify my first point and thought thank god its a mock. The second leg was going well and I was really pleased that I was where I should be after 14 mins. Then I got told to divert to grantown on spey. I noticed the cloud was getting lower so I said I would have to decend. I correctly identified Grantown on spey. I was then told to track the VOR back to the airfield and part way along I was asked to get a position fix. The general handling of stalling came next followed by steep turns and the PFL. The final bit was back for circuits and the engine failure. After I landed I was told I had passed. Then it was back to the school for debrief. I was told I had taxied a bit fast, used pitot heat unnecessarily, flew my approaches a bit low and forgot to turn the fuel pump off at first. I think that is about it but I was tired afterwards since I had done 1 hour 30 with my instructor before the test which took 2 hours 20