PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easyjet Switzerland???
View Single Post
Old 29th Aug 2012, 17:22
Arte Et Marte

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got to agree with Colibris; good place to work but you do earn your money.... Lots of long 4 sector days or 2 sector sorties to the Red Sea and back.

The people are good, and a real cosmopolitan bunch with a fair few non Swiss guys coming through the command process even when I left just over a year ago. Lots of international cabin crew too which makes for a fun day out.

Don't get too hung up on the money if moving from the UK; the contract is not necessarily that special, the headline figures are all down to the Swiss Franc being rather strong against the Pound and Euro. That said, I can't see the exchange rate returning to its pre crunch levels any time soon, and you can mitigate the cost of living and boost your effective net income by living as a "frontalier" in France. Again, I'm out of touch with this as I understand Monsieur Hollande has some innovative taxation ideas for frontaliers, but whether these come to pass I couldn't say.

Reference transferring back to the UK.....never going to happen, whatever management might say. This is definitely not a back door in to a permanent EZY contract in the UK.

Bottom line.....it's a permanent contract with a solid solvent airline paying good money; it's got to be better than Flexicrew (or LIS for that matter).

And if you like mountain activities and cheese.......