PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Seneca V Crash
Thread: Seneca V Crash
View Single Post
Old 29th Aug 2012, 16:54
Jonzarno

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whilst I appreciate the enormous efforts made by GEP and others to get the authorities to take this case seriously, I have to say I am coming down more and more on the side of Pace and Sooty on this.

Let us examine what we have had:

· A series of related allegations against Robert Weaver going back over a number of years, some of them apparently well documented and submitted to the authorities

· An admission, on this forum, by Robert Weaver of at least some of his misdeeds and an apparently unfulfilled promise to set them right

· Repeated assertions that the matter is being dealt with seriously by the authorities and assurances that, when it all crystallises, the original Robert Weaver thread would be removed so that justice could take its course (quite why that has to be the case I am not sure: I do not recall the press ceasing to publish stories about far more serious criminal cases and trials than this will ever be)

· The removal of that thread some weeks ago, followed by the posting of a sticky by Pprune Towers inviting anyone with claims against Weaver to contact him for details of the authorities dealing with the case implying that the authorities have now begun to take action

So far so good: for many people, myself included, this was just an illustration that the authorities take an incredibly long time to do anything but that, as frequently anticipated by GEP, they were finally getting their act together and that things were at last moving. That said, there has still been no news whatever of anything happening.

We now have the re-emergence of the Weaver theme in this related thread, which I suppose will be closed down any time soon, not giving details of anything specific but a whole bunch of what sounds very like innuendo or "I know something you don’t know and I’m not going to tell youwhat it is".

The police have very clear guidelines as to what they can and can not release to any member of the public, including complainants. By definition, anything that they have released is in the public domain and can be divulged freely to others. The police do not divulge such information"in confidence". I know this to be true because I myself was the victim/ complainant in a major fraud enquiry and that is how the process was explained to me by the investigating officer at the time.

The idea that such information, which has been released to a member of the public, could be helpful to Robert Weaver, or any other alleged offender, is simply laughable because, before the case gets anywhere near a court, all of the evidence relating to the case has by law to be disclosed to the defendant who will be given plenty of time to prepare a defence.

With the greatest of respect to GEP, whose efforts I continue to admire, I have to say that, in the interests of existing and, especially potential victims who don’t have the information you say you have, and may not have read the original thread before it was pulled, I really think that you should publish, here or elsewhere, any concrete facts that you know.