PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Who's in charge - RyanAir
View Single Post
Old 29th Aug 2012, 16:00
PhilW1981

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tightslot

Apparently, it's acceptable when you do it, but not when somebody else does?
You've made a huge number of assumptions there. Myself and partner would not be acting drunk, falling around the cabin, shouting at people and generally making a nuisance of ourselves as was the case on our way to Larnca. We simply wanted a quiet drink without disturbing the cabin crew. And for the record, nothing was sneaked on board, we board some rum in the departure lounge to use up Peso's (I'm sure you're aware they cannot be exchanged outside of Cuba). There was no conspiracy. As for your implication regarding our unwillingness to refrain from alcohol consumption, we were departing at 17:00 local time, arriving back in Manchester at 7am local time, we wanted to sleep and without some form of sedative or a few drinks I am unlikely to go to sleep before 22:00. This would have meant only 2/3 hours sleep, something I particularly wanted to avoid.

As easyflyer has suggested, a quick look at us from the cabin crew and they would know we weren't a stag or hen group, whooping around making a nuisance of ourselves. I think the point he is making is that you should make a judgement on your course of action based on all available evidence, including destination/departure point, profile of customer/group, behaviour up to this point so far rather than a one size fits all approach. This would surely be common sense.

Last edited by PhilW1981; 29th Aug 2012 at 16:11.