PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Latest CAA prosecutions
View Single Post
Old 29th Aug 2012, 15:42
silverknapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for that Peter

As you say some eye openers.

Is it only me who thinks some of the punishments are laughable, and there is no consistency between them.

The first one, Powell. No licence, CofA or insurance. £1000. Fairly pathetic. I've had a speeding fine approaching this.

£470 for dodgy form !'s. How much did they make on them?!

The worst in my opinion may be the examiner jackson. Committed the ultimate failure in the whole examining system, may have contributed to the death of two people and he gets costs!!

There are a few where the punishment seems reasonable, but again zero consistency, with people getting fines from £800-£2000 for more or less the same offence.

The other lesson to take from this, don't be a naughty pilot when there are Chief Pilots eager to stick you in watching, or people with camera phones!!!!!

Just seen your post Archer. I disagree. This could have been catastrophic. The guy didn't even see the 80 seat 25 odd Tonne airliner lined up on the runway. Started by a simple mistake but not remedied in the way an instrument rated pilot should have done so. Personally I think he got off lightly.

Last edited by silverknapper; 29th Aug 2012 at 15:46.