PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - crappy situation, advise needed A320
View Single Post
Old 29th Aug 2012, 14:04
Airmen25

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the morale support fellow aviators, sadly its just the way it is for most companies in Asia, but for me, i have accepted the fact that time to time, i will have to put up with harsh and old school hardcore captains. So for that part, its disturbing at times but i try not to think about it...

What concerns me the most is how to fix that situation, to be honest, when "we" brought down the speed brakes lever to full, honestly i wasn't too sure if the speed started to increase alongside with the VLS, or the VLS shot up n stopped right before the target speed, all i knew that there was some sort of protection, my mind is rusty and i n im still cracking the manuals to find out what happened, but if any of you guys can explain to me a lil about it, i would really appreciate it.

Also, i appreciate some of the tips given from you guys, i also gave it a thought
Maybe:
1. I could ask ATC for a hold somewhere to reduce altitude and give the traffic ahead a better lead seperation?

2.Or inform ATC of my situation and request vectors for better spacing? as Dan Winterland suggested

3.or try to coordinate with the traffic ahead and ATC, if possible, request the traffic ahead to speed up? (but that wouldn't be too nice would it for the other guy? having to come in fast and configure after that)

What do you guys think? any other options or suggestions? im all open

Last edited by Airmen25; 29th Aug 2012 at 14:05.