PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emergency Management Queensland, Helicopter Rescue
Old 29th Aug 2012, 11:12
Turkeyslapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NO NGO helicopters .NO snow trips for NGO Snr Executives and putting the money back into an operation doing what commercial companies do best .Getting the job done in a cost affect , time efficient and professional manner.
Pretty big statements there. Care to expand on your comments? Are you suggesting that the people operating CHP machines are less capable or professional than their commercial colleagues? Some of the finest and most professional pilots, crewman, doctors and paramedics I know operate CHP machines...often with levels of dedication and patience (I am not saying CHPs are perfect...see above) that go way beyond the call of duty.

Are you also suggesting that commercial operators are more cost effective than CHPs.....how much does it cost the government to run a CHP base compared to an EMQ (or commercial for that matter)...I am tipping its a lot less. For that matter, I am pretty sure a few QLD CHPs are running NVG now when its not even a contractual requirement...how many commercial operators would do that?

I am not the president of the CHP fan club as there is always room for improvement however, as discussed in my previous post, sweeping statements like the one above are hardly fair and undermine the good work that many of the operators are doing.

Anyhoo, it will be interesting to see how it all turns out and I sincerely hope this thread doesn't degenerate into the same kind of thing that the NSW air ambulance thread did a couple of years ago.

Cheers