PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Who's in charge - RyanAir
View Single Post
Old 29th Aug 2012, 08:51
TightSlot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
...I would probably have been a little cheesed off had an overly officious member of crew confiscted said rum.
and
Tough situation for cabin crew but on that flight I felt not enough was done.
Apparently, it's acceptable when you do it, but not when somebody else does?

If nothing else (and I don't think there is much else) the above post is reassuring. It reminds me that I made the correct decision in leaving and how much better life is now. The post tells us that those involved were so fundamentally unable to cope without alcohol for a short period of time that they knowingly broke the rules and then attempted to justify it by blaming somebody else, in this instance the outbound crew, for providing slow service while suggesting that their actions benefitted the inbound crew involved by reducing their workload.

When I travel as a passenger, I usually have no alcohol at all, even when on vacation. That's right - sometimes many hours go by without alcohol: It's not necessary and it doesn't make the experience any better, or make me feel any better later on after landing. This is what I mean (sorry, but there's a bit of a rant incoming) when I talk about there being a problem with British social culture: Alcohol is hard-wired into the circuitry of our lives. It is possible that my views are influenced by the restrictions on consumption that I have grown used to over the years: A glass of wine at a business lunch has never been an option, although a gin and tonic in the hotel bar after work often has. If I ever find myself in a place where I sneak alcohol onto an aircraft, drink a half bottle of rum between two of us and then attempt to blame somebody/everybody else then it might be time to sit back and take a cool hard look at what I have become.