PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HEATHROW
Thread: HEATHROW
View Single Post
Old 29th Aug 2012, 06:52
Baltasound

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Right old giggle this. That "Greening woman" (i.e. the elected MP for Putney who stood and was elected on a manifesto which included non expansion of Heathrow) standing in the way of expanding Heathrow and getting called all sorts of names for doing so. Despite expansion of Heathrow being ruled out in the coalition agreement, a system of cabinet government and the labour party also (currently) being against.

An easy way of getting a thrid runway is to vote for a party which favours expanding Heathrow. It is called democracy.

As an aside, apart from various studies comissioned by those who have a vested interest (i.e the non tax paying airline industry) are there any hard and fast figures which do not rely on supposition/if's, buts and the rest which in stark terms spell out how much UK plc will lose but not having a runway which basically interlines with a an already congested airport.

n.b My preference if anybody should ask is to have another new airport, with lots of room to expand and see Heathrow closed.