PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK helicopter schools (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 11th Jan 2003, 18:43
Hoverman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Steve
I don't want to fall out with you, I just gave my honestly held opinion which, despite what you infer, is not ill informed.
I have also refuelled at Coney Park on occasions and have no complaints about the fuel. Nobody asked about HeliJet's fuel.
My post wasn't meant to be a rousing recommendation of HeliJet.

I disagree that someone asking for advice on this forum wants the advice of professionals. Many PPLs know more about flight schools than those of us who finished our training years ago.
It's not relevent, but I am a "PROFESSIONAL" and have been in the industry for many years just as you have. If you are the Steve who works at Helijet, we've met a number of times and may do again.
Unlike you, I've worked for several different companies around the country. If I'm right about your ID, you've always worked at Coney Park for all your career.
I come from Yorkshire and know Heli-Jet is nothing to do with Northern Helicopters, the previous operators of Coney Park. Northern Helis sometimes seemed a bit chaotic, but I never heard a bad word about any of the instructors who used to work there, or the quality of NH training. Those instructors have all moved on, and I've got no views on the instructors there now because I don't even know them.

I'm not prepared to give on a public forum the reasons why I wouldn't fly at Helijet and why I wouldn't advise anyone to go there. Believe it or not, I think that's fairer to Helijet.
If that means Mr Myers gives no weight to my opinion, that's entirely up to him. He's entitled to dismiss me as an illinformed crank just as you seem to.
Sorry Steve, no hard feelings on my part. Just an honestly held opinion mainly based on facts I know and partly on things I've heard in the industry.