PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is a PPL a benefit with BA? Glasgow Flying Club?
Old 18th Aug 2001, 16:12
Bunty Boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bigman,

Is that you Andy? When did you join the club? If it was after me can you explain to me why you managed to get a key where I did not? Also, if it is so great there wcould you also tell me why it is that if you turn up for a lesson on a busy weekend it can take up to an hour before your flight actualy takes place? Smooth running? I hardly think so. The expense is greater at GFC than prestwick as well - the landing fees when it comes to doing circuits are just silly. Quoting a high price for PPL like you said you may have done is not a good way of getting busines for the club - or attracting interest to aviation in general.

Ranting and raving about how good something is is fine, but you can't ignore the down sides. If you are there virtually every weekend then you should know that smooth running is not one of the club's fortes. Having said that I will acknowledge the fact (as I did in my last post) that when in the air the instructors are good, and every one at the club seems nice enough.

There, I'm done venting.

Bunty