PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas August 23rd announcements
View Single Post
Old 29th Aug 2012, 04:13
QF94

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mate, you are absolutely right in what you say but also slightly incorrect. The public did, and still does, see the A380 engine explosion as a "Qantas maintenance failure".
Ushuaia, I can't believe I'm even saying this, but it has been reported by AJ on many accounts that RR paid $95million for QF32 and the remainder under insurance, and that it was a design fault in the engine that caused the explosion and is part of their financial reporting and so on. AJ didn't try and blame the engineers this time (he must have slipped up on that one).

People will remember the engine explosion, and then the gallant effort of all the flight crew in landing the aircraft that had more problems that even Airbus couldn't envisage. Maybe there's a message in there that high level of flight crew training saved the aircraft and those on board. Hmmmmm, QF management could be on to something there. But then again, I guess they still believe all the pilots and QANTAS employees in general are "overpaid" as slated by AJ and the investors.