PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Who's in charge - RyanAir
View Single Post
Old 28th Aug 2012, 23:38
PhilW1981

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have to say I have found the "debate" between easyflyer and dolly somewhat enlightening as SLF.

I have been on both sides of this particular fence, as someone who likes a drink or two, in particular when on my outboud flight on holiday, and as a parent who has found certain "groups" somewhat overly lively due to excess alcohol. I have to say I find easyflyers approach somewhat more of a common sense approach. On a recent flight back from Cuba in Thomson premium (just me and my partner), I don't mind admitting I had a 35cl bottle of rum in my carry on, this was due to slow service on our outbound flight, we wanted our meal, a few drinks and then to sleep without the inconvenience of pestering the crew every 20 mins for a top up. We consumed said rum discreetly and we were no bother at all to cabin crew. I would probably have been a little cheesed off had an overly officious member of crew confiscted said rum.

On the flip side, a couple of years ago we were travelling on a late night charter from MAN to LCA. As you can imagine it was full of party goers on their way to 'Napa. We just wanted to sleep but various parties, pissed as a fart, were causing mayhem and the crew did little to stop them. Tough situation for cabin crew but on that flight I felt not enough was done.