PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A Special Appeal from Richard (Taff) Hale
Old 28th Aug 2012, 21:46
10W

PPRuNe Bashaholic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1st day of stem cell treatment !!

Well folks, the deed is done......wee V has today received fresh stem cells from Connie and the whole procedure went without a hitch, quite an experience really

As reported yesterday, Connie gave her stem cells over 2 days (yesterday & today), a process which took some 12 hours to complete and proved to be quite taxing (for me!)......I think Connie was fine really and just wanted sympathy

She donated what the Docs call a "Megadose" 14 Million Cells, which pretty much means what it says on the tin.....she made me tell you this folks!! It then took only 15 mins to give the 2 syringes to Vanessa!

This was the moment we had been waiting for. YOUR relentless fundraising efforts and fantastic donations have made this moment possible; it really was quite an experience watching the Docs infuse these cells!

We now sit and wait for Vanessa's new stem cells to graft to her body and begin to rebuild her a new immune system, a process which will take many weeks. As usual folks, I'll keep you posted on progress, but for now, all is GOOD

Chris Riddle — at Kinderklinik Tübingen.

Connie donating stem cells.

Half a Megadose !!

Wee V receives her gift of life, thanks to the generous donations of everyone.