PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK helicopter schools (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 11th Jan 2003, 17:20
StevieTerrier

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Virgin :

Mr Myers asked about Heli-Jet Aviation.

Hoverman replied "I wouldn't fly or fly in any helicopter owned or operated by HeliJet at Coney Park for training or anything else"

thats not quite "I know the school and I wouldnt go there myself" is it?

Hardly a rousing recommendation. If I were Mr. Myers - who has come on to this forum in the expectation of getting opinions from PROFESSIONALS and may believe Hoverman to be such - I wouldn't be going to Heli-Jet would I? Hence the loss of a potential student ( = loss of around £10,000) on some ill-informed "opinion".

You may not think it is against the law or slanderous - and maybe you are right. But Hoverman is implying that there is something wrong / illegal / underhand with the helicopters we operate, but not saying what or why. And he is not just passing his "opinion" on to Mr. Myers, he is posting it on the WWW for the whole world to read.

So.....

Hoverman - I would be delighted if you would like to come back on and tell me why you wouldn't fly in a Heli-Jet helicopter. Maybe I'm reading your post wrong and you just dont like the colour of our helicopters. (And please remember if you do reply that Heli-Jet is nothing to do with Northern Helicopters, the previous operators of Coney Park).

And finally to Mr. Myers -- we have often had the Royal Flight helicopter(s) in at Coney Park for fuel. If the Queen trusts us, then I'm sure you can!