PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is a PPL a benefit with BA? Glasgow Flying Club?
Old 15th Aug 2001, 15:49
Bunty Boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alrighty,

Have to say that i had a trial lesson at GFC and thought it was great. since then joined the club and have had a few lessons towards my PPL. The complaints I have are not about the pilots - they all seem to be really decent. Well, my instructor was anyway. I'm more annoyed at the lack of organisation. When I joined I was told I could work opperations to get free flight time - useful when you're a student. However it's ben over 3 months and I still don't have a key to get into the club, because they are supposed to be fitting a new entry system. That was announced over a month ago... so what is taking so damn long? I've been accepted for training so I'm ditching the lessons for now - primarily due to the expense of the while thing, but also because the hassle is starting to over-ride the benefits. Having said that the experience was most uselful for the interview. The first question I was asked was about my interest for flying and why there was nothing in the application form. My answer was that I'd done it all since applying and he seemed to be happy with that. Don't think you need to go for the full PPL though. Besides, they are going to train you up from scratch anyway.

Bunty