PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rotary Jobs
Thread: Rotary Jobs
View Single Post
Old 28th Aug 2012, 16:14
schrenki

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
low timer

Hey guys,
I have a question concerning my chances to get job as helicopter pilot. I was trained in the German Army as a helicopter pilot. I have TR for TH-67/OH-58, (I know they are useless on the civilian market) because I was trained at Ft. Rucker USA. Back in Germany I got my standardization to meet the European standards. I have 103h TT (inc. tactical flight training and NVG time) and round about 40h of sim.time. Next year I will get my CPL (H) IR (JAR FCL 2). Because the German Army reduces the number of A/C, I will not be trained further. Therefore I can probably leave the Army and keep my 5 year pension. In addition to that I will get apprx. 20000£ to get trained for a higher Qualification (for example TRs) to be more interesting for an employer. I have no experience on the civil market. Do you think a company could be interested in hiring me has a co-pilot? How can I close the gap to get 250h to start as a CFI? Any suggestions what I can do? My Dream is to fly as commercial helicopter pilot, and I would do (nearly) everything to reach my goal.
I am thankful for any help