PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 10
View Single Post
Old 28th Aug 2012, 14:48
CONF iture

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Lyman
Can you expand on that? Switching off the PRIM came up right away, did it have to do with trying to get the bird?
Switching off 2 FCCs came pretty late, they were trough 10000 feet already.
But "on comprend rien on a tout tenté" came much earlier, close to 2 minutes earlier, in fact it was part of the briefing that the PNF gave to the captain at his return.

I have sensed the presence of workarounds in this cockpit, how are you meaning "lost faith in the a/c"? How does the suspicion of Prot take over fit in?
There is some history on that especially at AF which was one very early operator and at great scale of the new protected FBW technology.
Came Habsheim (I don’t want to discuss it here) but with Habsheim came already suspicions of computer interference. Then came in France the air inter accident where again the investigation was lacking of transparency, FDR was labeled as destroyed … QAR data were not extensively published, and multiple time references were used indicating partial 'loss' of CVR data.

Also the FCOM has this interesting note :

Did it happen already at AF on the early days of the 340 … I’m not sure but I’ve heard something in that direction where the only way to get rid of unwanted protections was to force direct law by switching some FCC off.
Was it unofficially briefed at AF during sim training ... ?