PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Who's in charge - RyanAir
View Single Post
Old 28th Aug 2012, 13:42
easyflyer83

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
No sexism there then And you a male crew member easyflyer tut tut

I am not so young female crew and as SCCM have done more med circuits than you who apparently has not even done some at all to be able to comment in an informed way on this thread.
I fly with some exceptional female crew. I just find that younger female crew 'tend' to come into the job expecting it to be very different to what it actually is. I tend to find they don't pick the job up quite as quick as the boys. Sorry if that offends but if you must slap a label on me i'd say 'ageist' would be a better fit.

Here is the bottom line Hun. As CM's we identify problems on the ground and preferably at the gate with good comms with the dispatcher. We then pass these onto the Captain who is in charge of these flights and together we make a decision. That is CRM 101.
Please don't teach me to suck eggs. I fly day in day out just like you so don't be so patronising.

You think you are "in control" in the air of a drunk??. You need to ditch the ego trip right now easyflyer as you are on a pax forum. Nobody controls a drunk and the person who actually has control in the flight deck at whatever stage of flight or on the ground is actually beyond your control as the CM. You report to that person.
For the last time I have never said I have control of a drunk. I said I have control of my cabin and if you don't then perhaps you need to look at your own conduct.

Get a grip......it's not all about you and your performance on this thread. See the bigger picture as many pax will due to your posts and will probably never fly orange again out of your base. I know I wouldn't as keep plying the loud, lively and unruly with alchohol is inviting trouble and all because you feel you have control as a CM??.
Again i never said I ply them with alcohol. I do however use discretion and don't always go for the 'stop alcohol' as the first option just because a group are getting a bit loud. Yet again I point out that there is a huge difference between being a bit loud and being unruly, unsafe and obnoxious. I standby my judgement because my policy tends to work I have found. You may have a different way of doing things, perhaps that works too but it doesn't mean mine is wrong.

When they then order 10 cokes/tonics and lemonades with ice it sort of alerts you to the fact they might just possibly be drinking their own booze and makes all crew more vigilent provided this is communicated.
Absolutely but you can be as vigilent as you like but when you have service and safety of 150-180 ofther passengers to contend with on a busy flight you cannot always catch them particularly as 99% of the time they aren't as brazen as you would have us believe. And just because it's a group we can't always just assume that they have their own alcohol because whilst you're doing that the little old lady who has her own or even that served by crew is sat there getting absolutely pissed because she doesn't fall into a particular group. And that is easily done believe me......

All IMHO as a colleague. And to get back to thread topic the Captain is in charge but relient on the CM for cabin issues right from check in in the briefing room.

I'm guessing not many flight crew would disagree here.
You're going off on a tangent now. I don't believe that I have ever questioned the commanders authority during this debate have I not?
I'm beginning to feel like i'm listening to an debate between you and your split personality.

Last edited by easyflyer83; 28th Aug 2012 at 18:11.