PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is a PPL a benefit with BA? Glasgow Flying Club?
Old 13th Aug 2001, 20:32
SKYYACHT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Well, it all depends on the viewpoint - I have heard two opinions at work (world's favourite)Firstly, there is the school of thought that says if a chap has got the drive/intellect/perseverance to get the PPL then he is a good bet. However, the flip side of this is that Most majors insist that psychometric tests etc, and close monitoring of both recruitment and ongoing training standards at the schools lead to a lower chop rate. IMHO it appears that most of the big players will take pilots whom they did not train from Ab-initio as long as they join as Direct Entry Pilots, and have hours on type. Otherwise, my personal opinion is that you are, to a certain extent better off without, if you are aiming high. Conversely, I have seen adverts in Pilot mag from Cabair/KLM etc., offering part sponsorship as long as you have PPL/IMC/Night and 95 hours P1......Its all a gamble. But if you wanna fly - do it.....why wait for an offer that (No offence) may never come to fruition?

Tailwinds