PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Big Crash at Reno
View Single Post
Old 28th Aug 2012, 10:50
Pittsextra

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
The board member is merely saying what the Experimental Category is all about. In the land of the free aviators have the ability to experiment, anybody can design and build an aircraft. The FAA don't issue an Experimental Certificate for an aircraft lightly. They recognise because they are not necessarily designed/built/tested by professionals they don't have the level of safety that comes with a certificated aircraft, and hence they are operated on a "your risk" basis.
Read this and then tell me you conlude the same..

http://www.rgj.com/article/20120827/...modifications-

Pitts,

So what's your point with all your posts? We all know the accident happened, too many people were maimed & killed, the NTSB facts are there for all to see in the documentation, regarding Jimmy, RARA, FAA, the course layout etc, etc.

You seem to be picking out only the negatives about Jimmy that contributed towards the accident. We can all read those facts too.

So is there a reason for posting just the negatives about Jimmy & ignoring any other factors?
I don't think we can all read these facts. Seems to me that there are some very obvious human factors in this and it seems nobody stood up to stop this insanity.

Take a look at the maintenance log and compare that with the table called Flight and data log (appendix B) under the data recorders section.

The pilot declares in the maintenance log in August 2009 that all flight testing has been done and yet there is just 19 minutes of flight data. This guy that seems to have many fans was, to use the venacular, just taking the p155.