PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Possible Termination of PA Spine under FAFPS15
Old 28th Aug 2012, 04:36
MaroonMan4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A bit of advice please.

I am watching with interest colleagues try and get their heads around the DINs and Defence communications on AFPS.

It appears to me that very few Service Personnel understand the Defence communications, and that no one within the military understands it to enable unbiased practical information to be passed on.

There also appears to be a potential 'bear pit' of some Independent Financial Advisors out there that either claim to understand the proposed AFPS, but then transpires that they too are also in no position to offer detailed advice. Others say that the detail is not there yet to make detailed analysis of individual cases.

So, the questions are:

Do the DINs and Defence media communications to date provide enough information to inform Service Personnel on their future pension situation, or (as many are doing) they continue to sit on their elbows and await the refresh of the Pension calculator? When is the post AFPS pension calculator available for Service Personnel to allow them to make their own informed decisions?

If Service Personnel were to join the Forces Pension Society now, would this organisation be able to explain the detail for individual circumstances now, or is this respected body also awaiting further clarification and detail before detailed advice can be given?

I know many that would love to make an informed ('last chance') comment on the proposed AFPS (and not just a rant), but sadly there are many Service Personnel of all ranks that quite simply do not understand the Defence communications so far, with no one in the admin 'support' chain able to decipher and act as a bable fish for the DINs (including the information vacuum and cul de sac of JPA/SPVA where process and and requirement formal letters replace straight forward advice over the phone/e-mails.

Are we missing something, being dull and are others in the same predicament?

Last edited by MaroonMan4; 28th Aug 2012 at 04:57.