PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's happening with BA recruitment?
View Single Post
Old 28th Aug 2012, 03:18
Threethirty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think I'm missing something. I appreciate they have 96 cadets and all of the bmi pilots but those cadets won't be ready on line for some time and the bmi pilots are still flying bmi aircraft essentially. The net change then is a few cadets, most of whom will not be online for ages. This leads me to hypothesize the following scenario, we will all be told to re-apply then some time during August 2013, it'll be a Tuesday, BA will take delivery of a batch of aircraft, they will suddenly realise that they don't have anywhere near the numbers to crew these machines, there will be a mad dash to get an advert in Flight International and the whole employment machine will kick start into gear again having lost the current crop of potential DEP's.
If nothing else the airline employment cycle is eminently predictable, they over recruit in the good times and under recruit in the bad times, leading to this unstable see-sawing effect and reactionary panic. The above scenario will only play out in the world as it is, I'm not factoring in the possibility of war in Iran and Syria, dollar collapse via hyperinflation, eurozone collapse, martial law, Planet X Niburu showing up (thats a joke) the list goes on.

Last edited by Threethirty; 28th Aug 2012 at 04:00.